Aircraft Quality Instruments (AQI)

BigTex

I'm needing to have my gyro's serviced and found Aircraft Quality Instruments (AQI) out of Wichita, KS.  Their pricing seems to be about 25% lower than any of the other shops.  I'm a little nervous shipping my gyros to a shop that is that much lower than the others.  Is there anyone that can provide a testimonial for this company?

Here's their website: http://flyaqi.com/

Check with Berkshire. Its a small family ran operation. They were cheaper and faster last year when I needed a dg overhauled. I was suprised at the differences in prices I was quoted between shops.

http://www.berkshireinstrument.com

Thanks... I'll see what they say.  It might be hard to beat the price from AQI.  DG: $475 (AP) and AG: $340.

Thanks... I'll see what they say.  It might be hard to beat the price from AQI.  DG: $475 (AP) and AG: $340.

if you have a Century or King autopilot the attitude gyro also has autopilot outputs.

please post the Berkshire quote as well.

Got all my quotes back and AQI is still the lowest by 20% over Berkshire.  Below are the quotes for all the companies responding to the RFQ:

DG (6404)   AG (5000B)  Total

AQI                          $ 475           $ 340             $ 815

Berkshire                 $ 650           $ 395             $ 1,045

TGH (Gyro House)  $ 795           $ 545             $ 1,340

Air Dallas                 $ 675           $ 450             $ 1,125

DFW Instruments    $ 695            $ 525             $ 1,220

Pacific SW Inst        $ 895    

Update...

I decided to go with Non of above.  As it turns out there's an instrument overhaul shop on my home field (KDTO) called Aerospace Instrument Support, Inc. (AIS).  They quoted $375 for my AG and $475 for my DG.  I don't have to deal with shipping and they're giving me 2-3 day turnaround so I went with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to provide an update as we close out this thread.  From my perspective, we can now add AIS and another option to AQI for a place to have your gyros worked on for an outstanding price.  I picked up the overhauled gyros and the price actually came in under the quoted price of $850 for both. I paid $835 including taxes.  So including the A&P's time to remove, reinstall and test the total price was $1075.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

• 4 years later...

My M20E hour meter in my tach quit working.  I sent it off to AQI they had it for a week and I had not heard anything so I finally called and was told that it was not repairable.  I found it inexcusable that they did not inform me and that I had to call requesting a status update.  As a result I would not recommend Aircraft Quality Instruments.

• 4 months later...
On 2/16/2015 at 10:50 PM, BigTex said:

I'd like to provide an update as we close out this thread.  From my perspective, we can now add AIS and another option to AQI for a place to have your gyros worked on for an outstanding price.  I picked up the overhauled gyros and the price actually came in under the quoted price of $850 for both. I paid $835 including taxes.  So including the A&P's time to remove, reinstall and test the total price was $1075.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

I just found your "closing" thread.  I wish I would have saw this before sending my instruments to AQI.  Hopefully, AQI will treat me fairly and I will be flying soon.