If not a Mooney then what piston single...........

I'm thinking that if I had an Aztec my typical mission might change. I can see 4 guys and golf clubs... or the Mrs. and another couple plus plenty of luggage for a long weekends/vacations. Sharing fuel expense would make cost comparable to paying 100% of the Mooney. 

Lancair IV(P) would have to be my choice -- 286 KTAS is simply amazing.

Lancair IV P........Chris happened to post my favorite airplane aNavy Corsair...If $$$ was no object TBM 900.....

You mean one of these? I got a chance to fly one of these with Brian's friend, who is also the CEO of Lancair. Very impressive speed. I remember we needed to pull the power back to stay under the 250 KIAS under 10k rule.

post-9886-0-86610500-1420673470_thumb.jp

post-9886-0-02015500-1420673557_thumb.jp

For about a month, I was beginning to question if I could find the right Mooney and so started looking at Comanche's. The first airplane I remember was my grandfather's Comanche 250 and I've liked them ever since.

It was either that or an RV 6 or 7.

I'm thinking that if I had an Aztec my typical mission might change. I can see 4 guys and golf clubs... or the Mrs. and another couple plus plenty of luggage for a long weekends/vacations. Sharing fuel expense would make cost comparable to paying 100% of the Mooney.

I learned to fly in an AC560. 200lbs of baggage, 150 gallons of fuel, and 7 people in the seats for 145kts at 25 gallons an hour. If I could find one I would buy it, greatest twin ever made imho.

• Like 1

Realistically I would fly a Cardinal. I owned a '68 and I learned the finesse of airspeed control making the transition to Mooneys very straight forward. If Cessna would have kept the "thin" wing, as the early models have, the later model Cardinal Rgs could be highly desirable.

Money no object - L39 albatross jet trainer

Realistically, turbo-normalized or turbocharged bonanza a36 with tks

I'd love a L39.  Unfortunately, I don't have the 1000 hours required to be PIC.  I'd probably end up with a YAK-52 instead.

• Like 1