Flying my Mooney at Dusk

Oscar Avalle

I have been learning how to use my STEC 55 X autopilot with the GTN and ASPEN. Not easy if you have only 2 airports in the country with authorized IFR approaches. However, there are some "informal approaches" (ie procedures that have been worked out and designed by the air force, but have never been approved by the equivalent of the FAA). One of them is the VOR approach into MGSJ. So this video shows how I was trying to fly the approach with an instructor. Unfortunately it became dark and the airport has no runway lights and I had to go missed...

Hope you enjoy.

Oscar

• Like 1

Wow With Oscars comments Inwonder how many like me take for granted how good we have it here in the USA!

Thank God

Now the second and more important question I have is how many of us are working to keep what we have.....? I know I'm not doing as much as I can or should!

Fly safe all!