Landing to access New York City

Bolter

Well, it is done. I have flow NYC. I used FRG, and it worked out well. Genuine IMC coming in on Friday, gorgeous clear today to return. Got "skyline tour" over the Hudson.

Can't get pics to load here or in my gallery. Something to worry about when i get home.

-dan

We just got back from a NYC visit, flew commercial into EWR. Since they seem to want to go back I looked a bit at flying over. I usually like to land at an airport on the approach side of the destination. That seems to point to HPN, as long as one can get to NYC without to much trouble.

We just got back from a NYC visit, flew commercial into EWR. Since they seem to want to go back I looked a bit at flying over. I usually like to land at an airport on the approach side of the destination. That seems to point to HPN, as long as one can get to NYC without to much trouble.

FRG has in my experience better/cheaper FBO and far better transit options, and is all of maybe 10 mins past HPN, if you are flying around the class bravo to the North. Sheltair will drop you at no charge at the long island railroad station. Landing fees are trivial, and parking reasonable. I got charged $20 ramp fee once at HPN just to pick someone up - was on their ramp 15 mins.

g