oil film of windscreen

keithmiller

my 07 ovation 3 is just 35 hours out of its annual and has 1005 hrs on the engine. flying to longview texas and back this week (about 2 hrs) i have noticed a slight oil film on the windshield. its alos been 3 hrs since my last oil change. Any ideas of the cause before i call Dugosh?

In my Mooney I had oil on the w/s and it was from the prop seals.  The prop was due for an o/h and after it was done the issue dissapeared.  In a Centurion I was ferrying we thought it was coming from the cshaft seal and it ended up coming from the oil pressure sender (in front of the case) improperly tightened after the installation of a new EDM730.   Different engines and airplanes but I mention it just in case.

I know your engine is different then mine...... the leak that forced me to do an emergency landing less then a year ago came from a cracked flare fitting on the steel prop governor oil line. It started out as a mist but quickly became something much worse. (four quarts of oil in 15 minutes)

Quote: jnisley

I know your engine is different then mine...... the leak that forced me to do an emergency landing less then a year ago came from a cracked flare fitting on the steel prop governor oil line. It started out as a mist but quickly became something much worse. (four quarts of oil in 15 minutes)