Texas Avionic Shops - Feedback if you can

steelerp

I have used both Avionics Unlimited and Select Avionics.  They both did good work.  Avionics Unlimited, however, really takes the prize -- they have delivered the plane to me without a squawk after the GTN 750/650 install.  Talk to Johnny Blain at Avionics Unlimited.  Or talk to Greg at Select Avionics.  You will like either of them.

Avionics Unlimited has a good reputation on the AOPA Forum as well.  Avionics bids will vary tremendously by shop, so if you're comparing quotes make sure you get an out-the-door quote with any contingencies spelled out in writing, as well as the warranty.

I have also found Erik at McKee Avionics to be knowledgeable and he does good work.  Talk with him specifically.  McKee is on  San Marcos, TX airport.  He installed the panel that is posted in my gallery.

John Breda

Great experience with Avionics Unlimited I have a 430 that I wanted to do the terrain update - called them and they had me come up with the plane, pulled the radio, installed the board, back in the plane all checked within an hour - great folks.

• 1 month later...

Just a note.  I went with Crystal Avionics and they did a great job.  Paid Aero Comfort to R/R whatever John wanted out to get the job done.  John moved the engine monitor up and over so that I could keep the KI209 for the KX155.  Aspen has got a great product!  Will add weather soon!    Rick

Crystal does a lot of work for Jimmy at All-American. Our plane was actually in his shop for a 430W install when we bought it.  Avionics Unlimited has a great reputation around here. I have called Gina several times for advice and took maybe an hour of her time on the phone.  They are helpful folks and sound competitive.  I could go either way and be happy.