Control Wheel Switch Layout

Getting readt for a Garmin upgrade to include (2) 275s and the 500 Autopilot, trying to figure out my control wheel layout, this is what I'm thinking, what do you all have? Also thinking of what else I can incorporate into the control wheel on the right side, I have an altitude call out that I am thinking of putting a switch to disable the audio on the right side of the control wheel...thoughts? TIA Screenshot2024-05-05at19_21_14.png.6c660701289e1f6d5ca8729739acb7fb.png

Mine came out unchanged from the original, except that the CWS button is gone. 
image.png.dc367ef7e4bfe7f6451883e523102c4a.png

I have different trim switch but otherwise the same thing.

I would try to stay within what is considered standard.

My PTT use to be on the right side and it bothered me, I’m happy to have it on the left.

1 hour ago, Greg Ellis said:

Nothing to do with your avionics install but where is your PTT button?  Is it going to be on the front of the control wheel horn or the side?

It is mounted on the front of the control wheel, left side.

27 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Normally, the Go Around switch is mounted on the panel near the throttle. It must comply with the STC:

Screenshot2024-05-06at6_44_07AM.png.f66533f54d5060bc3afb74e99fdfcfc4.png

PERFECT, thank you, that takes care of that, I appreciate your time.

V/r

Matt

• Like 1

When I added the GFC500, I repurposed the CWS button to a Comm Swap so I can easily change between comm 1&2 for transmit. Makes it easy for interflight comms, and over to ground on landing. other left horn buttons are PTT, speed brakes, trim switch, and AP disconnect. 
On right horn top I have “playback” and PTC tied to my GTN for Telligence and playback of radio communications. Right forward horn has “ident”. 
If you have a GTN and a PTC button this opens up a wide range of functionality with info, functions, etc. 

My toga is just above throttle and I don’t think I’d put it in the yoke even if it wasn’t a STC issue. Accidental nudge would get your AP getting you in trouble if you didn’t immediately realize it.

I really enjoy PTC Telligence, playback and comm swap and use them regularly. 

IMG_0915.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg

This is what my Go Around button looks like, fwiw. It’s right above and between throttle and prop. Very easy to push with an index finger while your hand is on the throttle, consistent with the STC installation instructions posted by @PT20J above.

image.png.7dff7824e0077c4b6161c88c815438c7.png