Yoke upgrade.

Lood

Does anyone know whether there is an upgrade available for a vintage Mooney to say a 201 style control yoke? Apart from looking way better, the 201 yoke,or all newer model yokes, has a much better feel to them. The only option I could find on the net is to have the yokes covered in leather. Mmmm, not bad, but still not what I want. I saw some 201 style yokes on e-bay, but don't know whether they are certified - priced at $900.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, you can do it, but you probably will not like the price.  Mooney has a series of kits to do this.  They include the yokes, new control tubes that have a thicker wall, a new thrust bearing for the panel and all of the hardware to support them.  For an F or G model with PC and a transmit button, the kit is part number 9400021-505.  The others are near that part number with a different suffix.

$3,986.40  Surprised

RFB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Quote: n74795

You can upgrade , get the used yokes on ebay , about 1100.00 for a pair ...   Make sure you get the yoke shafts with them , as the older yokes have the bolt that goes vertically and the newer ones go horizontally ...