MooneyMax 2024

Dmax

It's going to be quite a sacrifice, I'll have to fly 12.1 nm from my house to get there.

Fredericksburg is a great little German tourist town with tons of shops on Main Street. Make sure you have plenty of useful load for all of the souvenirs on the return trip.

(At T82 make sure you buy the self service fuel at the North end of the field - it's $1 cheaper per gallon than at mid-field - same supplier (City of Fredericksburg). The locals park at the North end  . .  the tourists go to the self serve at the FBO . .  stick it to the tourists.)

• Like 1

Just now, PaulS said:

Tell me about this Mooneymax.

MooneyMax is the best one stop shop for Mooney information and camaraderie. Last year was our first year going and it was a great event. Janet Maxwell does an outstanding job pulling this all together for us. The speakers are great and getting to meet so many other Mooney drivers is awesome as well. You’d be remiss to miss it.

• Like 1

The two main Mooney gatherings are MooneyMax and Mooney Summit.

MooneyMax is nice in that it was held in a hotel, that most everyone stayed there.  Meals were included, so you literally spent several days, all day with Mooney people.

But both are great fun, some great information imparted, and worth the trip.

Only issue this year is, with these days, the two may end up fairly close together.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

It's going to be quite a sacrifice, I'll have to fly 12.1 nm from my house to get there.

Fredericksburg is a great little German tourist town with tons of shops on Main Street. Make sure you have plenty of useful load for all of the souvenirs on the return trip.

(At T82 make sure you buy the self service fuel at the North end of the field - it's $1 cheaper per gallon than at mid-field - same supplier (City of Fredericksburg). The locals park at the North end  . .  the tourists go to the self serve at the FBO . .  stick it to the tourists.)

Sounds like a great chance for some authentic Texas BBQ at the hangar.

31 minutes ago, RoundTwo said:

Sounds like a great chance for some authentic Texas BBQ at the hangar.

40 miles away in Llano, TX (KAQO) is Cooper's BBQ. They always leave courtesy vans at the airport to make a short run into town for BBQ. Their fuel prices are good also.