Annual validity

33 minutes ago, Ulysse said:

Hello

Is the annual valid until it's anniversary date or the last day of the month it was performed the previous year?

§ 91.409 Inspections.

(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, no person may operate an aircraft unless, within the preceding 12 calendar months, it has had—

(1) An annual inspection in accordance with part 43 of this chapter and has been approved for return to service by a person authorized by § 43.7 of this chapter; or

• Like 2

End of the month.   When I first got my plane the Annual was in the middle of the summer. 

So I'd drop it of withing the last few days of the month so even if they got me in and out quickly, I'd still move a month.  Finally got it to March which works great for me schedule and there were usually lots of good flying days so I didn't have to worry about getting it to the mechanic. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 12:42 PM, PeteMc said:

End of the month.   When I first got my plane the Annual was in the middle of the summer. 

So I'd drop it of withing the last few days of the month so even if they got me in and out quickly, I'd still move a month.  Finally got it to March which works great for me schedule and there were usually lots of good flying days so I didn't have to worry about getting it to the mechanic. 

I did the same.  I am now at late January to early February.  It will go back around on me soon.

4 hours ago, Rusty Pilot said:

I did the same.  I am now at late January to early February.  It will go back around on me soon.

I don't keep moving mine any more.  I get that you can get a "13 month" annual if you bring it in the last days of the month every time.  

For me it was getting it in a month I wasn't flying a lot anyway and it definitely was out of the prime warmer Wx months.

• Like 2