Minimax Tug

drapo

This is laughable.  You did not buy a tug from us.  You are the same person that tried to extort half the cost of a Piper tug from us after complaining for no reason and sending dozens of threatening emails.

We did everything in our power to help you get it up and running.  You decided it would be good enough to keep if we refunded half your money.  You are a an extortionist and bitter that we would not accept your return after the 90 day return period expired.

Minimax which 'you' are you referring to?

I am trying to follow along.

Keep in mind vendors bashing MS members doesn't come across very well. Sharing a public display of disappointment with people does not usually improve sales.

We like the vendors and the support they provide.

We also know that there can be quirky underhanded posts by crummy competitors or whacky users.

Try to be specific about the person you are targeting with your statement. You wouldn't want to accidently offend the wrong 'you'. Try to be open about who you are. Challenges related to being in sales.

Now I have re-read pages of this thread. Are you the Greg McMichael that is referred to in post #21

Best regards,

-a-

This is laughable. You did not buy a tug from us. You are the same person that tried to extort half the cost of a Piper tug from us after complaining for no reason and sending dozens of threatening emails.

We did everything in our power to help you get it up and running. You decided it would be good enough to keep if we refunded half your money. You are a an extortionist and bitter that we would not accept your return after the 90 day return period expired.

I'm confused. If he didn't buy a tug from you how could you refund half his money or not accept a return?

• Like 2

I bought a very inexpensive 110V winch from Harbor Freight, anchored it to the hangar floor, added a wireless remote switch, and swapped the cable that came with the winch for a slightly smaller (and longer) cable. I can taxi up the the hangar door, do a pivot turn to swing the tail in front of the door, and attach the winch cable. I can control the path of my airplane with the towbar and the remote allows me to instantly stop the winch if needed. The total cost was about $200 which is a lot less than a tug. It has worked great for me!

This is laughable.  You did not buy a tug from us.  You are the same person that tried to extort half the cost of a Piper tug from us after complaining for no reason and sending dozens of threatening emails.

We did everything in our power to help you get it up and running.  You decided it would be good enough to keep if we refunded half your money.  You are a an extortionist and bitter that we would not accept your return after the 90 day return period expired.

This is his reaction in regard to his dealings with someone else, not me - but a professional business person would have enough common sense and self control to not label a previous customer as an extortionist and bitter.

It may be laughable to him that his product doesn't perform yet he got to keep the customer's money, but potential customers aren't laughing they are wisely buying Robotows, Redline Sidewinders, Nose Draggers, etc, anything except a Minimax.

I stopped by the Flyboy Accessories booth at Oshkosh this year - they are a new dealer for Minimax. I didn't get to say a word - there was someone there explaining "what a piece of garbage" that the Minimax is and how poorly he was treated by Greg. I walked away realizing that this was not just me but seems to be a common thing. Hopefully Flyboy Accessories will quickly figure out how carrying a product like that will only hurt their reputation.

Someone gave me a nose dragger with a broken engine.  $90 engine from Harbor Freight and it works good.   There is about a 2% grade going uphill to the hanger.   

Now I am wondering since the wife is away at a class this weekend the plane is in the other town.  

What could I make with these things? And I would get to use the knurling tool on the lathe

20150822_064241.jpg

I stopped by the Flyboy Accessories booth at Oshkosh this year - they are a new dealer for Minimax. I didn't get to say a word - there was someone there explaining "what a piece of garbage" that the Minimax is and how poorly he was treated by Greg. I walked away realizing that this was not just me but seems to be a common thing. Hopefully Flyboy Accessories will quickly figure out how carrying a product like that will only hurt their reputation.

Does anyone here own the Mooney model (7103)?

I still remain interested in it, but when I was looking to buy last year, I kept running into varying specs. At one point Neil Glaser (Pilot Mall) was selling (presumably his) used one for $800 and I was going to jump on it but there was disparity between the Milwaukee and DeWalt drill heads and batteries. I think MiniMax at one point had an under-powered unit and was offering up a choice. The difference in power heads was significant in cost.

Does anyone here own the Mooney model (7103)?

I still remain interested in it, but when I was looking to buy last year, I kept running into varying specs. At one point Neil Glaser (Pilot Mall) was selling (presumably his) used one for $800 and I was going to jump on it but there was disparity between the Milwaukee and DeWalt drill heads and batteries. I think MiniMax at one point had an under-powered unit and was offering up a choice. The difference in power heads was significant in cost.

I don't think they offer the DeWalt model any more - thank God.

If you are going to go the Milwaukee route get a Robotow or Sidewinder - huge difference in design - hardly any difference in price. I have the Robotow - in the beginning you're thinking that you're spending $200 too much on it. You'll soon forget that when it does the job. If you spend $100-$200 too little on it you'll always be kicking yourself.

You sound like me, looking for things to play with on my lathe. I suppose you saw my tow unit on my gallery.

Hmmm  I did now.   How does that design work?   The pretty darn famous criminal defense attorney next door has the big one wheel engine driven tow for his C206.   I am going for the Robotow design to make it kind of portable.   YettiTow is the working name

• 6 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 6:25 PM, LANCECASPER said:

This is his reaction in regard to his dealings with someone else, not me - but a professional business person would have enough common sense and self control to not label a previous customer as an extortionist and bitter.

It may be laughable to him that his product doesn't perform yet he got to keep the customer's money, but potential customers aren't laughing they are wisely buying Robotows, Redline Sidewinders, Nose Draggers, etc, anything except a Minimax.

WOW!  I second the motion; a business owner ranting like that only reinforces the validity of others complaints/concerns.  A satisfied customer helps sell a product.  A bitter owner may explain why you're hard pressed to find said satisfied customer.

Speaking of satisfaction, I'll be glad when the whacky winter is over.  Hopefully there'll be a cool spring this year and not jump right into hot & humid.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 6:47 AM, Yetti said:

Hmmm  I did now.   How does that design work?   The pretty darn famous criminal defense attorney next door has the big one wheel engine driven tow for his C206.   I am going for the Robotow design to make it kind of portable.   YettiTow is the working name

What ever happened with your 'YettiTow' project?