Terrain Database G1000

Updating my G1000 and for some reason the unit now does not recognize the terrain download. I downloaded it twice, using two new data cards, and still nothing.

Could I have done something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, GaryP1007 said:

Updating my G1000 and for some reason the unit now does not recognize the terrain download. I downloaded it twice, using two new data cards, and still nothing.

Could I have done something wrong?

There are a couple options on the Garmin site for Terrain database, however terrain doesn't change often so you don't have to update very often.

Make sure that if you did download an update that you downloaded the correct one. If you have Synthetic Vision then you need the larger Terrain Database (higher resolution), 4.9 I believe.

• Like 2

There are a couple options on the Garmin site for Terrain database, however terrain doesn't change often so you don't have to update very often.
Make sure that if you did download an update that you downloaded the correct one. If you have Synthetic Vision then you need the larger Terrain Database (higher resolution), 4.9 I believe.

Thank you.

That number 20T1 means that it is a 2020 update so it may have over-written what you had for Terrain before that. I would call Garmin Aviation Product Support  at 1-866-739-5687

They said that was the most recent version. I re-downloaded it but still can’t get the G1000 to see it.

That's correct. I'd get back on the phone with them and they are usually pretty good about walking you through it

Got one side to accept the terrain data but I can’t seem to get both. I’ve duplicated the card from the one that works but seems like something is missing. I’ll keep plugging away.