LASAR affected by wildfires?

So, as I detailed in another post, I had to send my nose gear to LASAR for some testing.  I talked with my mechanic the other day and he said that LASAR is saying they're fairly heavily affected by the ongoing wildfires.

I imagine that in addition to the effect on their business, the individual employees are having to deal with risks to their homes and disruption in their lives.  Here's hoping all turns out well for them!

Has anyone else heard anything from LASAR in the last few days?

Talked to Corrine today. She said they themselves are not too affected but that UPS and FedEx are having problems more by Covid than by fires. I had a landing gear actuator reworked on Tues and while Lasar did their part exactly right in getting it back to me overnight, UPS dropped the ball in getting it to OAK and it missed the airplane to SDF for the sort. So it came in Thursday rather than Wednesday.

I have also had numerous shipping problems with other suppliers. A package from SkyGeek that was FedEx ground bounced back and forth between CLT and MCO 5 times! Finally got them to pull it and ship it to ATL where it was supposed to go.

I don't even want to talk about SafeFlight right now.

I just got an update from my mechanic...he talked to LASAR today.  Evidently the steering truss that was new from them last year was ever so slightly bent--about 0.200" off in one dimension, not sure which one--they are shipping a replacement today.  Sounds like the delay was not so much related to fires directly impacting LASAR, but that they had to take it to another machine shop to do some precision measurements on it to find out what was wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1001001 said:

I just got an update from my mechanic...he talked to LASAR today.  Evidently the steering truss that was new from them last year was ever so slightly bent--about 0.200" off in one dimension, not sure which one--they are shipping a replacement today.  Sounds like the delay was not so much related to fires directly impacting LASAR, but that they had to take it to another machine shop to do some precision measurements on it to find out what was wrong.

Is this the airplane where the nose wheel was rubbing in the wheel well?  Didn’t expect this, but I guess these things happen.  .200 is fairly significant.  Good find by your mechanic.  Glad LASAR is taking care of it.

• Like 1