Cabin speaker

Hello all, out of nowhere my cabin speaker has a extremely loud and high pitched beep when the master is turned on. Have no clue how to get it to shut off or what is going on aside from pulling it and unplugging it for now.

GTN750 with internal audio panel. Beeps regardless of the the Nav/comm is on . Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the sound a "beep" like a  warning or a "squeal" like something electronic gone awry?  Does it happen before engine start when the master switch comes on?  Do you hear it before the alternator field switches are energized?  A few years ago I took off and a few minutes after takeoff I started getting a low fuel audio warning.  It repeated intermittently throughout the flight.  Fuel was not low but after a talk with Stacey at the factory I determined I was getting the warning from a warning system  Mooney had installed in the late M models that was connected to annuncicator panel and set off audio alerts that were recorded in the PS 6000 audio panel.  Since the system was not activated I do not know how it was set off but id did once.

Would it be the same sound as the stall warning?

It isn’t typical of the stall horn to beep with the master off... but if the vane’s switch has been stuck in the up position... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep as soon as the master is on.

First test...

See if the stall vane is working on the ground....

I usually preflight with the pilot window open... Master on, stall horn test...

I have had the stall horn go inop without testing it before....

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Would it be the same sound as the stall warning?
It isn’t typical of the stall horn to beep with the master off... but if the vane’s switch has been stuck in the up position... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep as soon as the master is on.
First test...
See if the stall vane is working on the ground....
I usually preflight with the pilot window open... Master on, stall horn test...

I have had the stall horn go inop without testing it before....
PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...
Best regards,
-a-

Literally thought of this as I drove away, will let you guys know tomorrow thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 7:32 PM, blakealbers said:

Literally thought of this as I drove away, will let you guys know tomorrow thanks!

It may not be your stall Piezo electric buzzer because the stall horn provides a continuous tone and you mentioned it was beeping above. You probably have 3 different ones up in the speaker area and the one that does beep or pulse is the one on the throttle switch - so perhaps that one? A third is used on BK AP installations but is also a continuous tone, except the AP puts out only beeps if the AP is controlling it - i.e. not a short.