JPI 730 engine log

I just put 10 hrs on my JPI 730 after a #3 valve failure in flight. does anyone think I need to have savvy do pro analysis on this Data.

It looks like everything worked as it should have, even though there may be various warnings below.

If something appears incorrect, please open a support ticket and let us know exactly what the issue is.

Log Data

2017-04-25 14:11:55.991453+00:00
Starting to parse JPI data file id 969066, name U170421.JPI
JPI Model 730.
JPI Version 352.
JPI Build 2.
Found flight header 17
Found flight header 18
Found flight header 19
Found flight header 20
Found flight header 21
Found flight header 22
Found flight header 23
Found flight header 24
Found flight header 25
Found flight header 26
Found flight header 27
Found flight header 28
Found flight header 29
Found flight header 30
Found flight header 31
Found flight header 32
Parsing binary data.

Starting to process flight #17.
<p>The following series didn't contain any data and were skipped: GSPD, HOBBS, ALT.<br/>This is normal, unless you know configuration generates data for them.</p>Detecting departure/destination airports.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #17.

Starting to process flight #18.
<p>The following series didn't contain any data and were skipped: HOBBS.<br/>This is normal, unless you know configuration generates data for them.</p>Detecting departure/destination airports.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #18.

Starting to process flight #19.
<p>The following series didn't contain any data and were skipped: HOBBS.<br/>This is normal, unless you know configuration generates data for them.</p>Detecting departure/destination airports.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #19.

Starting to process flight #20.
<p>The following series didn't contain any data and were skipped: GSPD, HOBBS, ALT.<br/>This is normal, unless you know configuration generates data for them.</p>Detecting departure/destination airports.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #20.

Starting to process flight #28.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #28.

Starting to process flight #29.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #29.

Starting to process flight #30.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #30.

Starting to process flight #31.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #31.

Starting to process flight #32.
Airports detected.
Successfully processed flight #32.

What To Upload

• Please use the original files, as downloaded from your engine monitor.
  • Do not edit the data files before uploading them. This can corrupt them.
  • Valid files typically have the following extensions: CSV, DAT, JPI, LOG, ALD, REC.
  • None of the following file extensions are supported: DOC, EXE, JPG, PDF, PNG, XLS, XLSX, EFL.
  • EI UBG-16 and MGL users: read FAQ
  • Zip files are supported.
  • 65MB limit on any single upload file.
  • Diagnostic Info: Runtime 

Supported Engine Monitors

• Advanced Flight Systems (AF- series)
  • Avidyne (R8/R9/EX5000)
  • Chelton EFIS
  • E.I. (UBG-16, MVP-50 & CGR-30P)
  • Dynon (D10/D100-series, SkyView)
  • Garmin G-1000, G3X and Cirrus Perspective
  • GRT Avionics
  • Insight Avionics (GEM 610, GEMINI 1200, G2, G3 and G4)
  • J.P. Instruments (700-, 800-, and 900-series)
  • MGL Avionics
  • Ultra-FEI/Flightline AuRACLE
© 2017 - Savvy Aircraft Maintenance Management, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.

I would. If nothing else, you may learn something about your engine that you otherwise would not. I would also recommend doing an inflight mag check as they recommend. This is a good way to find out the condition of your engine all the way down to how the spark plugs may be performing. With all the other money we spend on these machines, the $100 spent on this will be more than worth while. 

3 hours ago, greg51 said:

I did the mag check. That was part of the data I sent to them. I was just wondering if they are going to tell me the same thing after I spend the money? That everything looks normal

One thing to do would be to look at a pre-replacement flight and compare it to a post-replacement flight to see if there was anything which could have pointed to a failing valve before you had it actually occur. 

While others experience may differ, my analysis was much more detailed than just "looks normal" for the one I had done prior to my annual. We used it to make some changes and replacements during the down time, and I have been extremely happy with the results of the work done by my mechanic. Some of the items would not have been addressed without the Savvy analysis as they were within tolerances, but just barely. I have found it much easier to make minor corrections as they are found and identified rather than to let things degrade to the point where they are obvious. That is where Savvy comes into the picture for me.

YMMV.

What you will find is that Savvy can see things that are easily visible to them. They supply the logic that makes it quite visible to you.

I would be interested in the before and after valve change plots.  I bet the bad valve may have been showing something to the careful eye...

we have Paul our MS Savvy guy.  He can probably give you guidance on what best to send in and why...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

unfortunately I did not have the JPI monitor before the valve issue. I installed it because of that issue. 

I was just looking to see if any of our mooney owners had anything negative to say about savvy's recommendations or mechanics that disagreed.

Looks like I need to drop a benjamin and get the detailed results.

Plenty of positive reviews.

I don't recall any negative ones.  With any service expect somebody to not be happy for all kinds of reasons.

Even the most respected Mooney service guru gets a complaint written publicly every now and then.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam