MooneySpace on IPad

carusoam

Flame suit: on....Check

Ego protection: on....Check

Question: Is it just me, or is it difficult to use the IPad to view/respond all of the details on MooneySpace?

I can read most things, but if requires a scroll down or typing, I can't seem to make the I Pad work.

The IPad is such a simple, easy to use device for many things.  Fires up quickly, online near immediately, right to MooneySpace in under two minutes. 

Is it a "bug", or just me?

Let the missile launch begin...

Best regards,

-a-

The Iphone/IPad operating system does not support true Java OR Flash. Android supports Flash but not Java. I belive this site uses Flash because on my Android phone I have full site functionality (except for trying to read this site with 50 year old eyes on something the size of a deck of cards).

Yes, for some reason you can't type on the iPad. The text entry fields must be some type of javascript component and they just aren't recognized in HTML5, which is the standard to which iPad Safari is written. HTML5 is definitely the wave of the future, but not all sites are there yet...most aren't fully, in fact...just another example of Apple trying to lead rather than follow. Sometimes it works (as in, no more floppy drives!) but not always. Time will tell...

Quote: FlyDave

The Iphone/IPad operating system does not support true Java OR Flash. Android supports Flash but not Java. I belive this site uses Flash because on my Android phone I have full site functionality (except for trying to read this site with 50 year old eyes on something the size of a deck of cards).

Quote: Jeff_S

Yes, for some reason you can't type on the iPad. The text entry fields must be some type of javascript component and they just aren't recognized in HTML5, which is the standard to which iPad Safari is written. HTML5 is definitely the wave of the future, but not all sites are there yet...most aren't fully, in fact...just another example of Apple trying to lead rather than follow. Sometimes it works (as in, no more floppy drives!) but not always. Time will tell...

I have an Android phone and I have full functionality of this site except posting replys. I can't get the text in the box either. When I tap on the box, it selects the whole box, but fails to open up my keyboard and allow me to type. When I'm out and about, I'm confined to lurking. Just as well, helps me to actually get things done!

Quote: DaV8or

I have an Android phone and I have full functionality of this site except posting replys. I can't get the text in the box either. When I tap on the box, it selects the whole box, but fails to open up my keyboard and allow me to type. When I'm out and about, I'm confined to lurking. Just as well, helps me to actually get things done!