MAGS (again)

sailon

1 hour ago, Shadrach said:

I don't think you do either; I was asking Anthony (Carusoam) about his incident. 

WHEW.  Thanks.  I agree, My bird jumps off of the runway with a smooth running engine when it is hitting on all plugs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Salon,

read up on spark plug resistance and champion spark plugs.  See if something there comes to light...

That is a more common type of failure.

Best regards,

-a-

Since my plugs are vintage 2002 models, replacement is way past due and just might solve my current problem.  Hi resistance definately makes sense, especially if the resistor is cracked.  Will advise after I install the new plugs.  Hopefully a short flight this weekend over the airport if success is reached!  

OK Verdect is in.  Cause of the issue was split between the harness with burn thru evident at the holders where they were too tight.  Replacement improved the situation somewhat, (had normal runup after 3 attempts, never got a good runup previously) but MK201TUrbo nailed it.  New plugs installed.  Perfectly balanced EGTs , 60 rev RPM drops both sides.  Flew for an hour with no issues, and a MUCH smoother running engine.  Measured the resistance of each plug.  One was 9000 ohms, a second was 200 ohms intermittantly jumping to open.  The rest were between 500 to 2000 ohms.  A new plug reads around 500.  All plugs had 830 hours on them.  Champion lifetime is 500.  Flew to another airport to gas up, rechecked mags prior to take off, no issues.  Thanks to the forum for all of your help!

• Like 1