Looking for a Mooney to rent - MO, AR, KS, OK

IndyTim

My insurance broker helpfully pointed out that I have substitue airplane rental coverage, so while N252BH is being worked on I'll be looking for a way to keep my skills up.

If anyone has any suggestions for Mooney rental within 200 miles or so of KSGF (Springfield MO), please share.

FYI...

Wait til you see how long getting a new prop is going to take.

Continental took two weeks to deliver a factory reman engine. Hartzell took about six weeks.

Delivery and installation take another week on each end.

I'm interested in MT's response.

Hope this helps your planning activities.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyTim said:

My insurance broker helpfully pointed out that I have substitue airplane rental coverage, so while N252BH is being worked on I'll be looking for a way to keep my skills up.

If anyone has any suggestions for Mooney rental within 200 miles or so of KSGF (Springfield MO), please share.

There are a couple Mooneys for rent in Wichita, I believe. 

While my Mooney was down for a insurance related repair, I first looked for a rental Mooney and ran into a dead end.  I ended up getting transition training for a Cirrus.  It was a good short term solution. Simple transition from the Mooney!  Now looking back, it served as a good temp replacement and It ended with me appreciating my Mooney when I got it back.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, carusoam said:

FYI...

Wait til you see how long getting a new prop is going to take.

Continental took two weeks to deliver a factory reman engine. Hartzell took about six weeks.

Delivery and installation take another week on each end.

I'm interested in MT's response.

Hope this helps your planning activities.

Best regards,

-a-

Quotes on props are 3 weeks lead time for Hartzell, and MT says they have my prop in inventory.

Engine tear down/inspections are looking like 3 weeks as well, with I assume a week on either side to pull and reinstall.. I tend to be pessimistic regarding any aviation repair - it doesn't seem like anything happens in aviation quickly - so I'm planning 8 weeks downtime.

• Like 1

Keeping everything on schedule takes a Lot of communication.  No matter which company you go with.  Let them know you need a time line because you are working with the various teams.  Since you are working in terms of weeks a few days without an update can be painful.  It helps to have contacts that can update your project with you each week.  My mechanic did all the updates between engine builder, prop builder, engine mount guy, and fiberglass and paint too.  My objective was to drag things out to make sure the work was completed without rushing or skipping important details.  I spent a lot of time reviewing with my mechanic what I wanted (early on) and where we were each week. Engines and props are funny shapes to get shipped. Getting the engine mount out to be inspected and repainted should happen pretty soon.

Good luck with your decisions and timelines.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

There is a J for sale and for rent in Wichita. You might be able to work out a lease for a few weeks if you ask. It has been on the market a long time and I'm not sure how often it gets rented.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks Scott - do you know where it's based?