Mooney Ovation conversion to turbo

Ignas

Probably need somebody to generate an STC that copies all the details from the existing Acclaim and do the minimum testing required for proof.

It will be a 100AMU project including hardware (engine OH, snails, instruments, prop, exhaust and cowling).

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

I think that would need to be Tornado Alley!  They have a fantastic STC for exactly such a conversion on the Bonanza's that is very popular, and very successful mechanically.  I heard at some point that they were considering doing such a conversion for you ovation guys.  I think that would be a better turbo airplane than even the acclaim.

I know the TA conversion for the Sr22  leaves a lot to be desired of. I didn't like a few of the installs that I have seen. I might have seen an early conversion but it lacked several items. The timing for instance is nowhere to be found on the engine itself.  It's listed on the last page of the ICA STC. If a tech were to check the timing, probably 1/2 of the guys out there would reference the incorrect data plate instead of the last page of the ICA. 

However, If all the bugs were ironed out, think it would be great on an Ovation. I'd even see a need on My E somedays. 

-Matt