Fly It Forward

Mark, I am just going on what Ms. Google turned up. It appears that the JetBlue promotion started out as Fly and then became Flying. I suppose that cost them some money redoing materials and let to some confusion. As you suggest without knowing more we outsiders can only speculate as to why they changed. 

All, it should be noted the C&D letter came from Women OF aviation, not women in aviation. Jolie emailed me to correct this misunderstanding on my part when I was communicating with her about this threat.

2 separate groups.

the whining groups webite is

http://www.womenofaviationweek.org/

the misconstrued and innocent groups' website is

https://www.wai.org/

Fly It Forward®

As a trademark . Would not this imply font and spacing?

Fly it Forward   is something different.

No. This is a "standard character mark". It's thw words that are protected, not the way they are written. Font doesn't matter. spacing might but probably not. There are also "design marks" which are basically logos, but this isn't one.

Don't look too hard for minor technicalities in an area of the law where the ultimate test for infringement is, customer identification. if I start a restaurant in town called Unique Eats and I get great reviews on Trip Advisor, some guy across the street diesnt get to trade on it by calling his restaurant Unique Eats

Which is the nice thing about the english language.  It is easy to find a similar, but different phrase that gives the same impression but is clear of trademark issues. such as Moving flying forward.  Females flying to the front.   females flying fantastically forward.   fast planes flying forward

Which is the nice thing about the english language.  It is easy to find a similar, but different phrase that gives the same impression but is clear of trademark issues. such as Moving flying forward.  Females flying to the front.   females flying fantastically forward.   fast planes flying forward

That's true. Sometimes it's surprisingly easy.

BTW, speaking of aviation and trademark fights, one of the absolutely worst examples I can think of is the litigation in which Angel Flight of Georgia sued Angel Flight Southeast and Angel Flight America over the use of the  trademark "Angel Flight" in the southeast US.