Can we start talking about Oshkosh yet?

I'm planning on flying in Thursday morning. Are some spaces typically vacant in the Caravan area by then? Also, how do you go about requesting to camp in a specific are when arriving late in the week? The NOTAM and Webinars seem to discourage specific parking requests.

If you arrive Thursday, it will be difficult to park with the group... this is the day I usually depart. If I recall right, around Wednesday the marshallers will do a round of filling the vacated spaces and this is when we see a bunch of Cessnas and Pipers among the Mooneys.

Yves

• Like 1

I'm excited about the Mooney Caravan, will be at OSH until Wednesday or Thursday. Wish I could find a Mooney expert near me in NE NC to spend a morning teaching me all there is to know about formation flying between now and next week. I flew with the Caravan once before, several years back, and it was a real hoot. Sounds like they've tightened the protocol a little these days, which is, I expect, a very good thing.

Anybody with some good feature story ideas, please email me: areiheld @ yahoo.com