Calling on other F owners.

Guys, I need confirmation from a few other F owners and if possible, 1967 F models soecifically.

It's with regards to the fuel quantity specified in the POH. Unfortunately, mine is in the airplane as we speak and due to the time difference between SA and the US, it would be really nice to get the info in advance. Beats having me lying awake until I get to my airplane, tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure that my POH only states the total fuel quantity of my F, being 32 gallons per side and the total of 64 gallons, of course. IIRC, there isn't anything mention with regards to useable or unusable quantities of fuel?

My stock fuel gauges are marked in lbs, with the full position reading 194 lbs. Converted back to US gallon, this equates to 32 gal per tank.

What does your stock fuel gauges read - be it lbs or gals?

Does you POH state anything wrt unusable fuel?

Does you POH state anything wrt useable fuel?

Is there anyone here that has a JPI, EI or any other digital fuel quantity gauge installed in your F and if so, what is the full tank quantity, displayed on your digital gauge?

I appreciate your feedback.

Useable fuel = 64 gal.

Ships fuel gauges read in LBS

Wing sight gauges (non factory) read in gal's.

JPI is set to fill at 64, also reads in Gal. This is user settable

POH is in the plane but I am sure it describes the amount of unusable fuel someplace, along with the 64 Gal of useable. I don't concern myself with the unusable, so I haven't memorized that number. 

1970 M20F.

What does your stock fuel gauges read - be it lbs or gals?

Does you POH state anything wrt unusable fuel?

Does you POH state anything wrt useable fuel?

Is there anyone here that has a JPI, EI or any other digital fuel quantity gauge installed in your F and if so, what is the full tank quantity, displayed on your digital gauge?

I appreciate your feedback.

• I believe my original gauges read in lbs. I never liked that.
  • My POH, likely the same one you have, says nothing about useable, or unusable fuel. It simply states that the tanks hold 32 gallons each. However, I know that if you fill the tanks to within about a 1/4" of the filler neck from absolute empty, there is about 2-1/2 gallons over 32 in there. Therefore, I believe you have around 5 gallons un usable total.
  • I now have an EI MVP-50 that reads out my fuel level. Basically, the read out reads whatever you want it to based on the calibration during set up. You start at empty and then add gas (I did 1 gallon increments IIRC) and you log each gallon until full. It correlates the voltage it receives from the sender to whatever value you give it. So in my case, it says 32 gallons when full.

Hope this helps.

Mine says 64 gallons/242 liters. The funny thing is that while my US manual says "each tank will hold 32 gallons of aviation gasoline" (total quantity) my German manual says that "each tank contains 121 liters (32 gallons) usuable fuel". The standard gauges read LBS while my fuel flow is calibrated in liters, showing max. 242 liters.

67F owner here. Placarded at 32 gallons a side. If I run one dry in level cruise, it'll take 34 gallons to fill it up. If the engine quits on descent, it'll take 32 gallons on that side. I've heard bladders give you less usable. My tanks are sealed. Hope I've helped. 

1967 M20F

32 per side

JPI says 242 liters total

Never run a tank dry but have put 110 liters into one once

I understand that the full 32 gal is useable

PS: I owe you a visit. Perhaps we should meet half way some time . . .