Wanted Direct Replacement Aerosonic MAP/FF Instrument for 1979 M20K 231

One final plea to the group to see if anyone may have an Aerosonic Part #651035-0107 (see photo below) combination Manifold Pressure/Fuel Flow gauge for sale before I splurge on a replacement equivalent and an expensive install.

Thanks.

--Alex

post-9139-0-99053600-1398267555_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Pacific Southwest Instruments has this listed as one they can repair.

http://www.psilabs.com/MRO/Aerosonic/manifold-pressure-fuel-flow-indicator/651035-0107

Lasar typically can get almost any of our instruments overhauled - talk to Dan Reisland in Parts - (707) 263-0581

I found an as-removed instrument a few years ago just to keep the OEM working but it's not as accurate as the JPI.

The newer heads with the fuel totalizer capability can be installed and will work for FF and MP without having to install the totalizator computer/ display

JWilkins,

Thanks for the link to PSI - my instrument has spent the last month on their bench and they have finally concluded that they are not going to be able to fix it.

I have spoken to LASAR, thank you for that suggestion.  There is not much they can do at this point. 

This helps me confirm that I have exhausted all the options.  I really appreciate you taking the time to post.

I am likely going to go with Aerospace Logic as the solution.

http://www.aerospacelogic.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=232

--Alex

Consider the JPI 900 also.  They have a really good deal on them right now, under 3K. If you don't already have a engine monitor it will be a very useful addition and add value to the plane.  If you already have an older one you can sell it to recoup some of the cost.

• Like 1

I just upgraded to the JPI-830 over the summer and was hoping to keep this instrument replacement to a minimum and thus have decided not to look at the 900/930 as an option.  I expect the install costs would still be significant and then there is the whole controversy of keeping the harnesses and sensors or replacing them...

--Alex

FWIW, I have several Aerospace Logic instruments installed and have had nothing but excellent service from them. 

Jim

If they are the same as Aerosonic (OP's post) I agree!  I just pulled a failed Aerosonic turn coordinator and it was dated 1978 with no overhaul!!! That is 36 years and 4700 hours of operation from an electric gyro!

I'm disappointed Dan @ Lasar couldn't help you. He's a great resource.

It used to bother me that repairing our old instruments was so bloody expensive.

It's worse now that we don't have that option at any price.

I have a JPI 830 in the plane but it's not supposed to be an approved replacement, so I R&R'd the inop Aerosonic with a used unit.

The JPI is much more accurate (based on refueling numbers).

Jim

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...