ADS-B out configuration options Mode S with ES

OR75

• 1 year later...

Digging up this old thread. I just purchased a KT74, $2500. It does indeed require a certified GPS input to enable ADSB out. It's easy to configure and installation could not be more simple. Good looking unit. Mine says made in the UK. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I considered the King, but I will be having the Lynx installed shortly - and per the previous comments on independent position source, the Lynx has its own...

http://www.l-3lynx.com/

It has the added benefit of saving me weight, as it can take over for my skywatch circuitry, and also displays traffic and weather on the touch screen, has wifi, etc. etc.  I think it is a strong contender, especially if you don't yet have a position source...

g

I considered the King, but I will be having the Lynx installed shortly - and per the previous comments on independent position source, the Lynx has its own...

http://www.l-3lynx.com/

It has the added benefit of saving me weight, as it can take over for my skywatch circuitry, and also displays traffic and weather on the touch screen, has wifi, etc. etc. I think it is a strong contender, especially if you don't yet have a position source...

g

Curious... Does the Lynx provide any data out capability? Wonder if it could port over to the Aspens?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curious... Does the Lynx provide any data out capability? Wonder if it could port over to the Aspens?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While not playing the proprietary game like Garmin, Aspen is taking the low road saying they are an open architecture. Open if you open your wallet up for another 2K and purchase the Aspen unlock code to allow it, but it can be done.