Prop Balance

Anyone have recommendations for a CA prop balancer, either a shop or traveler, bay area is preferred but willing to travel.  I had my prop balanced once since new but it is seeming to not be as smooth as I would hope.  Top Gun didn't have any recommendations for me so I was hoping someone on the list would.  Thanks

21 minutes ago, 201Mooniac said:

Anyone have recommendations for a CA prop balancer, either a shop or traveler, bay area is preferred but willing to travel.  I had my prop balanced once since new but it is seeming to not be as smooth as I would hope.  Top Gun didn't have any recommendations for me so I was hoping someone on the list would.  Thanks

A few years old but might still be relevant:

• Like 1

Jim Fackler (discussed in that thread) moved I believe to AZ but still travels to CA a few times a month. Planning on having him do mine after I get the new engine broken in. I've used him twice before, an initial and then again years later after I installed the Powerflow Exhaust. He's great.

• Like 1

Here is the website for the guy that does the prop balancing and he is really good. wrote the book on it. He’s retiring though so good luck. Also he work out out Cable airport in SOCAL and Arizona, does travel too, came down to San Diego for a couple of us.
www.jfdynamics.com
Cell(626) 818-3029

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Another recommendation for Jim Fackler.  He did my prop just before moving to Prescott.

I'm very glad to hear he still comes to SoCal.  I was willing to fly to Prescott, if necessary.

• 5 weeks later...

Well sent emails to work and personal email address as well as text message with no response.  Any other recent suggestions for this?  I'm currently going through the other thread to look for suggestions but several I've already checked are no joy.

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jetrn said:

yes, Lee Apaka out of Rio Vista O88. teamlightaviation@gmail.com 707-863-1121.  quick flight from san jose for you.

Thanks, I appreciate the recommendation.  I'll give a call.

On 8/12/2024 at 1:57 PM, 201Mooniac said:

Well sent emails to work and personal email address as well as text message with no response.  Any other recent suggestions for this?  I'm currently going through the other thread to look for suggestions but several I've already checked are no joy.

I was able to find several balancers here in Georgia by posting in the Georgia Pilots FB group. I assume there’s a similar type of FB group in your area as well.

1 hour ago, RoundTwo said:

I was able to find several balancers here in Georgia by posting in the Georgia Pilots FB group. I assume there’s a similar type of FB group in your area as well.

Thanks, I don't do FB but I've now gotten several suggestions so I'm sure one will work out.