Buying a Mooney M20E

Been flying for about 10 years , came across a nice Mooney I want to buy .  I’m new to Mooneys 

Getting prebuy done .

I understand the usual items to look for . 
landing pucks 

fuel tanks 

corrosion 

anything specific to the E model to look at ? 

thanks 

I don't know of anything "E" specific. E's are pretty simple and have a great engine. My first one was an F and I was happy with it. Hopefully your prebuy guy has some Mooney knowledge.

You definitely want to take a close look at the landing gear rigging and any wear to those parts.  In particular the steering horn on the nose landing gear.  Make sure the nose gear trunion hasn’t been damaged by oversteering.  

Make sure to check times on the mags so you know how much time is remaining before needing to Iran them.  

I highly recommend doing a thorough test flight to shake out issue you won’t be able to find with the plane in a hanger.  

16 hours ago, Utah20Gflyer said:

You definitely want to take a close look at the landing gear rigging and any wear to those parts.  In particular the steering horn on the nose landing gear.  Make sure the nose gear trunion hasn’t been damaged by oversteering.  

Make sure to check times on the mags so you know how much time is remaining before needing to Iran them.  

I highly recommend doing a thorough test flight to shake out issue you won’t be able to find with the plane in a hanger.  

Thanks for advice , I did request a flight so will see if insurance can allow it