Seal belt holder clip repair ??

Mad Mikey

A passenger was exiting my aircraft and a piece of his clothing caught the seatbelt clip folder that holds the front shoulder belt that is made into side of the aircraft. I attempted to use some epoxy Gorilla Glue to attach it back but was unsuccessful.  Any ides or have any of you experienced this same thing. It’s not that big of an issue, but it more of a ascetic thing.   Thanks 

1 hour ago, Mad Mikey said:

A passenger was exiting my aircraft and a piece of his clothing caught the seatbelt clip folder that holds the front shoulder belt that is made into side of the aircraft. I attempted to use some epoxy Gorilla Glue to attach it back but was unsuccessful.  Any ides or have any of you experienced this same thing. It’s not that big of an issue, but it more of a ascetic thing.   Thanks 

A picture would be good. 

The same thing happened to me on the first long trip after I bought my M20J.  The plastic cracked around the metal bracket.  I put some tape over it to keep it from getting worse and then repaired it when panel was off during the next annual.  I removed the metal part and repaired the crack using some of the solvent-welding techniques described in some other threads here on MS.  I reinforced the area behind the bracket by gluing a small piece of ABS to the back of the panel like a doubler.  The repair has held up well for 8 years.