Does anyone have the “EGGS” to put one of these in a Mooney?

WAFI

13 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I would wait until it is actually running. It will almost certainly be heavier, less fuel efficient less powerful and more expensive than he says. I’ve seen a few of these in the last 30 years. I’ve never seen one flying.

Agreed… A man can wish. My dream is to build a Kitfox and have reverse trust turbo prop. I’m a in the closet :ph34r: bushpilot not that I have ever built or flown a bush plane  but it’s in the near future. Just trying to figure how not to work anymore.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bumpy,

Use the word turbine in the search function…

You will find the same people discussing the same topic happily every other year or so….

Unfortunately, the realism of the situation has multiple levels…

If you spend that much… you are probably going to want a pressurized cabin too….

If you become familiar with turbines… you are not going to like their efficiencies down low….  They kinda get tuned for one altitude….

I like Mike Mojo and how he can bring experimental planes to the masses…. Since he successfully built one himself…

But, his background in any aviation isn’t very deep yet…

The coolest turbine project for Mooneys showed the beginnings back in 2007… find the official press Release around here somewhere…

We have a couple of MSers that have gone turbine and pressurized cabins… still around here….

And one turbine engine guy that stopped in looking for donations to start a project….

Turbines are great for forever planes… because the one engine is very expensive… but it will last a very long time compared to reciprocating engines…

That takes a commitment!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1