Airspeed Safety Interlock

Releew

Hello All....

Looking for a part # and location of the Airspeed safety interlock.  I cannot find it anywhere in the Parts Manual.  Just recently in a Gear Retraction test we were able to raise the gear without flowing Air in the Pitot Tube.

Any information or guidance is always appreciated!

M20J MSE 1992

Rick

There are two locations that I know of: My 1978 J had it mounted to the back of the airspeed indicator and my 1994 J has it mounted on a bracket forward of the airspeed indicator up high under the windshield. It’s a gold anodized disk about 2 inches in diameter. Inside is a diaphragm and a spring with a pitot connection on one side of the diaphragm and static on the other. Under increasing pitot pressure, the diaphragm moves against the spring and closes a couple of normally open microswitches. One is used for the gear. The other can be used for a flight timer and is often unused. If the problem is a bad microswitch, and the second one is unused, you can switch the gear to the spare. There is a procedure to test the switch in the Service Manual. 

Skip

• Like 1