Window Mod - Do it!

When I owned my former 1967 M20F, I had made a list of potential modifications to perform in time (part of the reason I purchased the Missile).  One of those modificiations would have been to put in bay windows before the paint job.  I always went back and forth as to simply paint it with the same windows, or to put in the bay windows first. 

After flying the Missile with the bay windows (long windows in the back ala 201 style) without a doubt do it if you are thinking about it.  Curb appeal, I kind of like the three window format of the F model.  However, from the inside, the view for passengers, or from what I can tell as the pilot when looking over my shoulder is absolutely worth it.  My opinion is when an F owner replaces windows, for whatever reason (scratches, pre-paint, tint, etc . . . ) put in the 201 style bay windows.  You and your passengers will love the difference.

George - I know you did this.  I forget if you did it yourself or had a shop do it with you.  Others who have made this modification, what is the range of cost? 

Thanks, and remember, this is just my opinion, but after flying with these windows, I would have made that mod.  It does make a difference, shows a potnetial buyer you have upgraded your aircraft, and it really is a mod you'll use every flight.

-Seth

Quote: Seth

When I owned my former 1967 M20F, I had made a list of potential modifications to perform in time (part of the reason I purchased the Missile).  One of those modificiations would have been to put in bay windows before the paint job.  I always went back and forth as to simply paint it with the same windows, or to put in the bay windows first. 

After flying the Missile with the bay windows (long windows in the back ala 201 style) without a doubt do it if you are thinking about it.  Curb appeal, I kind of like the three window format of the F model.  However, from the inside, the view for passengers, or from what I can tell as the pilot when looking over my shoulder is absolutely worth it.  My opinion is when an F owner replaces windows, for whatever reason (scratches, pre-paint, tint, etc . . . ) put in the 201 style bay windows.  You and your passengers will love the difference.

George - I know you did this.  I forget if you did it yourself or had a shop do it with you.  Others who have made this modification, what is the range of cost? 

Thanks, and remember, this is just my opinion, but after flying with these windows, I would have made that mod.  It does make a difference, shows a potnetial buyer you have upgraded your aircraft, and it really is a mod you'll use every flight.

-Seth