Brittain Industries

Would like to hear from happy customers who have dealt with The Brittain folks. They seem very nice when I call them, I have a really good impression of them and their business.

I  was placed on the waiting list Decemeber 2009 by Cecilia for an autopilot installation. I call or email them every three months or so to ask  for an update. They have never initiated any contact with me.

Has anyone been in the queue as long or longer than me?

Have they told you anything?

Do you ever hear from them without initiating contact?

Thanks for any input or encouragement.

It is a family run business and they are very nice people and easy to work with.  These parts are no longer in production and they have to wait until they get used cores in.  When they do they overhaul them and sell them to the next person on the list. Because of this it is hard to say exactly how long you will have to wait.

I didn't want to wait on the list so I acquired the parts from other sources myself and dropped them off 2 weeks ago to be overhauled.  I was passing through town this week and stopped by and they had them finished.  I will get my local mechanic to install them.  I'm installing the Accu-flite,Accu-Track and altitude hold.

Get out at the local airports and start asking around, and chances are you will find someone who removed one several years ago  and still has it. This is how I found the one I have and when I found it the person who gave it to me was just glade that someome would be able to get some use out of it.  Someone on the MAPA site had a B6 model for sell last month.

Well interesting someone else has had a long wait for Brittain auto pilot components. I ordered the altitude hold for my 67E in June of 2009! I also have called them about every 3 months and have been apolegetically advised that they are working on it and it should be ready soon. I often speculate on the possibility that they do not have the core equipment and they are hoping it will become available but they have no idea when they can fill my order. I am now looking at stec 30 potential as coming up on two years is too long to wait.

Philip

Quote: N601RX

It is a family run business and they are very nice people and easy to work with.  These parts are no longer in production and they have to wait until they get used cores in.  When they do they overhaul them and sell them to the next person on the list. Because of this it is hard to say exactly how long you will have to wait.

I didn't want to wait on the list so I acquired the parts from other sources myself and dropped them off 2 weeks ago to be overhauled.  I was passing through town this week and stopped by and they had them finished.  I will get my local mechanic to install them.  I'm installing the Accu-flite,Accu-Track and altitude hold.

Get out at the local airports and start asking around, and chances are you will find someone who removed one several years ago  and still has it. This is how I found the one I have and when I found it the person who gave it to me was just glade that someome would be able to get some use out of it.  Someone on the MAPA site had a B6 model for sell last month.

=============================================================

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I'm dumber than a box of rocks. It never occured to me to order something from a company and then go out and buy one myself and take it to them. Wish I had asked these questions a year and a half ago.

Should I call them and get a needed parts list?

No one on my airport has what I need but I have seen parts on e bay and could start working other angles.

How did you know to do this?  Did Brittain tell you or another pilot or customer?

So basically the idea is to come up with your own system-- have Brittain overhaul it and then have your local A&P do the install if I understand correctly?

Amazing!

Yes that is basically what I did.  I don't think that any of the stuff listed on E-bay now is approved for Mooneys.   If you decide to go this route be sure to talk to Jerry at Brittain and make sure what you are buying is approved for a Mooney.  What model is your plane?  I think anothermember on Mooney Space has just removed a B6 from his E  model.  Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you copies of the install manual and the other persons contact info.

• Like 1

Yes that is basically what I did.  I don't think that any of the stuff listed on E-bay now is approved for Mooneys.   If you decide to go this route be sure to talk to Jerry at Brittain and make sure what you are buying is approved for a Mooney.  What model is your plane?  I think anothermember on Mooney Space has just removed a B6 from his E  model.  Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you copies of the install manual and the other persons contact info.

Mike

Quote: drpep

Well interesting someone else has had a long wait for Brittain auto pilot components. I ordered the altitude hold for my 67E in June of 2009! I also have called them about every 3 months and have been apolegetically advised that they are working on it and it should be ready soon. I often speculate on the possibility that they do not have the core equipment and they are hoping it will become available but they have no idea when they can fill my order. I am now looking at stec 30 potential as coming up on two years is too long to wait.

Philip

• 6 months later...

I added an altitude hold.  I bought a whole unit on E-bay out of a Navion.  I talked to Cici before I bid she looked at it and told me how they could help me.  I returned all the stuff to them, with my autopilot and got back my unit revised with parts from the unit I bought and the altitude hold unit overhauled etc.  You need to find a unit on e-bay or at the airport and talk to her before you buy it to see if it is STCed  for your aircraft.  I waited more than a year before I decided to go the e-bay route, and no they did not call me, I am not sure how good that waiting list thing is.