Century Autopilot Repair in SoCal

dtoelke

Can anybody recommend an avionics shop in the Southern California area that is well-versed in Century autopilots.  I've been having issues with my Century 41.  The pitch control works fine but the roll control only works occasionally, usually kicking in 30-60 mins into the flight (yet weirdly it works quite well for the rest of the flight, only to not work on the next flight).  I'm trying to wrap up my IFR training and would like have this functioning for my checkride.

Thanks guys!

I had the same problem with my Century 31. It turn out to be caused by a worn out roll servo clutch. You can check this on the ground by applying hand force to the yoke in the opposite direction that the yoke is trying to turn. The force required should be significant. I tried adjusting the clutch nut but it was a temporary fix. Best is to have the clutch washer replaced.

José