Plexiglass and painted surface cleaner

PTK

I'd like to bring to people's attention a wonderful product.

It's the ZEP 19 oz. Foaming Glass Cleaner.

I use it on the entire exterior and interior except on the leather. Cleans plexiglass, removes oil smudges and breaks down organic soils like bugs and fingerprints quickly and effortlessly. Leaves behind nothing but a clean shine!

I refuse to pay 20$ for a 13 oz. can of plexus. The ZEP is a 19 oz. can for $2.97 at the local Home Depot.

post-7035-0-09079900-1375529339_thumb.jp

• Like 7

I use it on the entire exterior and interior except on the leather. Cleans plexiglass, removes oil smudges and breaks down organic soils like bugs and fingerprints quickly and effortlessly. Leaves behind nothing but a clean shine!

Sounds like a statement from right off the can :) but where is the long term study, the facts, the neutral comparison?

If you can't afford a can of Plexus just use a little mild soap and water, not some unproven harsh chemical.

• Like 1

Is this specifically made for acrylics or glass? There's no ammonia in it right?

Yes it is. No ammonia.

No harsh chemicals or ammonia containing cleaning products on plexiglass or paint!

Personally I find the ZEP product MUCH superior to plexus in performance.

It has just the right consistency and "wetness". It soaks in where you apply it, foams up and never runs.

I use it after every flight for all leading edges, nose, windows and windshield. Always with clean microfiber cloths.

• Like 1

Hmmm, if it is harsh enough to be a belly cleaner I'm not sure I would want to use it on my windows.  I bought a can of Plexus last year for my windows and so far I have plenty left.  I think I'll be sticking with the Plexus.  Yeah it's a little expensive but it's not a reoccurring cost that's frequent.  

Last month, I just replaced my 1st can of plexus I purchased 3 years ago. I use it often and I don't use my than a spritz each time as it works very well.

How "often" do you use it?

Every 4 months approx.? And is your quota one bug or two?!

At 200$/gallon I'd be afraid to use it too!

• Like 1

How "often" do you use it?

Every 4 months approx.? And is your quota one bug or two?!

At 200$/gallon I'd be afraid to use it too!

Why the sarcasm?  Did I offend you?

I fly 125-150 hrs per year - thats 2 or 3 times per week in sunnier months and once a week or once every other week in the winter.  I use it almost every single time before I fly.  I like to remove the hangar dust as well bugs.  I generally just do the front windscreen on most occasions and just once in a while the side windows.  It doesn't take much to do the job, and in fact I find if I use alot it is less effective since it smears alot before I lift of the last of it with the terry rag.

I wasn't going to buy Plexu$. But I did buy Prist, and I'm happy with it. But I have no idea how anyone would get years out of a single can. Yes, I'm hangared. Tell that to the pollen. Or the bugs, or..

Every single flight, before and after, I wipe the windows down. At that rate, a can doesn't last long.

• Like 1

Why the sarcasm? Did I offend you?

.....It doesn't take much to do the job, and in fact I find if I use alot it is less effective since it smears alot before I lift of the last of it with the terry rag.

Don't worry about it, he (the little dent) was an abused child.

Like you, I fly weekly and use Plexus. It lasts a long time for me as well. Sometimes I'll use some bottled water and gently wipe the windscreen with my hand before applying Plexus. You don't need to use much.

I've tried cheaper Prist but it leaves a film that is difficult to remove.

It's odd that the dent can blow almost 40 grand on a GPS and a paint job, but now has to skimp to save $15 a year for a good windscreen cleaner...finds it necessary to insult you.

:) My problem might be that I've never used anything else.

I was googling the original poster's suggestion when I found this:

http://www.skygeek.com/zep-f336-window-view-spray-and-wipe-cleaner-1-quart-f336qt.html

Looks like the same manufacturer also makes an aviation specific cleaner that isn't that much more expensive. Worth a try.

Prist leaves a film? How long did it take for you to notice it? I haven't seen it... yet, but I've only been using it since Feb.

About 30 seconds and i'm using micro fibre towels, but I'm in high humidity SoFL. My hanger buddies have had the same film residue.

:) My problem might be that I've never used anything else.I was googling the original poster's suggestion when I found this:http://www.skygeek.com/zep-f336-window-view-spray-and-wipe-cleaner-1-quart-f336qt.htmlLooks like the same manufacturer also makes an aviation specific cleaner that isn't that much more expensive. Worth a try.

I saw that one Jamie. Looks good and price is good.

I still like the other one in my original post because of it's foaming action and it stays put without running.

I went flying today and used it to clean airplane after parking. It's awesome.

Best part is that at 3 bucks no need to worry about using it up!

Don't worry about it, he (the little dent) was an abused child.

Like you, I fly weekly and use Plexus. It lasts a long time for me as well. Sometimes I'll use some bottled water and gently wipe the windscreen with my hand before applying Plexus. You don't need to use much.

I've tried cheaper Prist but it leaves a film that is difficult to remove.

It's odd that the dent can blow almost 40 grand on a GPS and a paint job, but now has to skimp to save $15 a year for a good windscreen cleaner...finds it necessary to insult you.

I wasn't irrevocably offended.  Just poking back at unprovoked rudeness...but it was all in good fun on both sides.

I don't have a fancy paint job, and I have a good enough - but not top shelf - 430w, but hey, I use the top shelf window spritz.  By golly. 

• Like 1

I wasn't irrevocably offended.  Just poking back at unprovoked rudeness...but it was all in good fun on both sides.

I don't have a fancy paint job, and I have a good enough - but not top shelf - 430w, but hey, I use the top shelf window spritz.  By golly. 

Cool....