Infamous V-Band

I just got a call from my A&P that the V-band clamp on the Exhaust/Turbo is cracked. He is trying to locate a serviceable clamp and I too am trying to locate one. 
If any of you have a notion of where one might be located I’m all ears. TSIO 360 lb .

The airplane has been grounded for a month and I suspect I am going to join the ranks of Mooney owners that have suffered month after month of downtime waiting on elusive parts.:(

39 minutes ago, T. Peterson said:

I just got a call from my A&P that the V-band clamp on the Exhaust/Turbo is cracked. He is trying to locate a serviceable clamp and I too am trying to locate one. 
If any of you have a notion of where one might be located I’m all ears. TSIO 360 lb .

The airplane has been grounded for a month and I suspect I am going to join the ranks of Mooney owners that have suffered month after month of downtime waiting on elusive parts.:(

This has nothing to do with Mooney, it's anyone with a Continental Turbo Engine. Ask him for the part humber of the V-band clamp so you can post that and perhaps someone can offer some assistance.

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

This has nothing to do with Mooney, it's anyone with a Continental Turbo Engine. Ask him for the part humber of the V-band clamp so you can post that and perhaps someone can offer some assistance.

I apologize for making it sound like I was blaming Mooney. I certainly understand that this is an engine issue and not related at all to Mooney. However due to the scarcity of this part I may be commiserating with many  Mooney owners and other owners who have experienced long delays due to the unavailability of parts whether brand or engine specific.

My A&P sent me the following text: “The P/N I have from LASAR is NH1009399-10 I also was given P/N 40D23255-340M.”

Thank you for your response to this post. Good advice which I have followed.

2 minutes ago, T. Peterson said:

I apologize for making it sound like I was blaming Mooney. I certainly understand that this is an engine issue and not related at all to Mooney. However due to the scarcity of this part I may be commiserating with many  Mooney owners and other owners who have experienced long delays due to the unavailability of parts whether brand or engine specific.

My A&P sent me the following text: “The P/N I have from LASAR is NH1009399-10 I also was given P/N 40D23255-340M.”

Thank you for your response to this post. Good advice which I have followed.

I believe that's the wrong clamp - that's the one for a Mooney Bravo (Lycoming TIO-540-AF1B) - I owned 3 different Bravos over the years and know that one by heart. Continental will have a 6 digit part number.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

I believe that's the wrong clamp - that's the one for a Mooney Bravo (Lycoming TIO-540-AF1B) - I owned 3 different Bravos over the years and know that one by heart. Continental will have a 6 digit part number.

Thank you for the heads up! I guess I will have another conversation with my A&P tomorrow.:wacko:

58 minutes ago, T. Peterson said:

Thank you for the heads up! I guess I will have another conversation with my A&P tomorrow.:wacko:

I think the original part number for the TSIO360LB was 633358, now it's 653332

This might be the one - you'll have to verify (still out of stock at Spruce)

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/continentalnewcoupling_07-04815.php

Once it's back in stock, it looks like Air Power has the best price: https://www.airpowerinc.com/SearchProducts?q=653332

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

I think the original part number for the TSIOI360LB was 633358, now it's 653332

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/continentalnewcoupling_07-04815.php

Once it's back in stock, it looks like Air Power has the best price: https://www.airpowerinc.com/SearchProducts?q=653332

You are stellar! Thank you!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

I think the original part number for the TSIO360LB was 633358, now it's 653332

Is that the same part number for the TSIO-360MB engine as well?

Is that the same part number for the TSIO-360MB engine as well?

I don’t recall the part # for the -MB but Ram sells the v-band clamp and has the best price for it when i last purchased one 6-7 months ago.

As far as i know it’s still a wait to get one due to the AD which has created an artificial need because every Savvy owner wants to get one on their shelf so they don’t find them selves grounded for 3-4 months without one. Last year was about a 6 month wait!

The part number is different between the -MB and -LB so suggest looking up the correct part # before calling to order one. But get on somebody’s list asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk