Looking for Klixon Switch

FADEC

15 hours ago, FADEC said:

Looking for Mooney Part # 930023-009 the panel mounted Electric Trim Switch for a 1978 J. The Klixon part number is 20TC2-BG-5. I am open to an alternate solution as well.  

Thanks

Andy

If you don't want to go with new, these people usually guarantee their stuff to work:

https://baspartsales.com/20tc2-bg-5-alt-930023-009-klixon-elevator-trim-rocker-switch/

3 hours ago, mooneyflyfast said:

That’s a switch with a built in 5 amp breaker if I’m not mistaken.  You could probably replace it with a toggle switch and a 5 amp fuse

If your going to a toggle switch I’d go with a switch breaker, I hate fuses

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/pbcircuitbrkr2.php

• Like 1

[mention=11849]ArtVandelay[/mention] Don’t think that will work, thing the last number is the amperage. Think -3 is 3 amps and the -5 is 5 amps.

Interesting mine should have been the same as yours, which make me think one of us had their switch replaced at some point, I wonder if there is a way to tell which switch corresponds to which Mooney part number?

@ArtVandelay I think the Mooney part number is the switch part number I listed.  But I’m very new at this and probably wrong.  That switch is for the electric trim with the KFC200 AP system.  I bought a switch from @Aerodon, hope it works looks a little different. The mechanic at my field said getting it to fit on the bus bar will be the problem. 

@A64Pilot if the switch I have coming doesn’t work I’ll see if my mechanic will give that a try.

andy

4 minutes ago, FADEC said:

@ArtVandelay I think the Mooney part number is the switch part number I listed.  But I’m very new at this and probably wrong.  That switch is for the electric trim with the KFC200 AP system.  I bought a switch from @Aerodon, hope it works looks a little different. The mechanic at my field said getting it to fit on the bus bar will be the problem. 

@A64Pilot if the switch I have coming doesn’t work I’ll see if my mechanic will give that a try.

andy

The Trim switch is not on the busbar, so you should be OK.

Aerodon

On 9/4/2023 at 8:37 PM, FADEC said:

Looking for Mooney Part # 930023-009 the panel mounted Electric Trim Switch for a 1978 J. The Klixon part number is 20TC2-BG-5. I am open to an alternate solution as well.  

Thanks

Andy

@FADEC I have the switch you are looking for.  It came out of my 1980 M20J.  It shows it as a -5 part number.

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

5 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

It’s been a while, but I thought the 12v+ was a bus bar (strip of copper, all the terminals should align nicely if it’s the same type), he’s not referring to the main bus bar.

I'm sure it varies by year.  Some switches are on the busbar that is fed any a 70A Aux CB.  The Primer button is not on this busbar and is protected by an inline fuse off this busbar.  The Trim on the KFC150/200 autopilot is completely separate.

You are probably correct, a trim switch that is not part of an autopilot is probably on the busbar.

Aerodon