Basic Med with Avemco?

48 minutes ago, Van Lanier said:

Does anyone have experience converting from a 2nd Class FAA medical to Basic Med when insured by AVEMCO?  Mooney M20C.  No medical exclusions, just preparing for the future.  Age 73.  

Many thanks.

question to ask Avemco....my policy simply states a current valid medical ,of which basic med certainly is.

Just now, thinwing said:

question to ask Avemco....my policy simply states a current valid medical ,of which basic med certainly is.

That's what my various policies have said over the years.  I recall @Parker_Woodruff saying it doesn't matter to insurance, but don't want to put words in his mouth

21 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

That's what my various policies have said over the years.  I recall @Parker_Woodruff saying it doesn't matter to insurance, but don't want to put words in his mouth

Basically it almost never matters for rates for personal aircraft, but it can matter for insurability for certain insurance companies past a certain age.  Many insureds over age 75 must get a 3rd class or higher level of medical certificate.

Not sure exactly what Avemco's requirements are these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2