Golden Science Guide book on Flying

On a lark, I picked up a used copy of the Golden Science Guide book on Flying by Barry Schiff, published in 1971. It's a kid's book on flying physics, techniques, and procedures -- it reads a lot like a primer version of the PHAK. Really well-written and compact.

It turns out that Mooneys feature prominently on both the cover and the contents! I was able to make out six different tail numbers identifying a bunch of 1968 M20s and two Mustangs. Some of these planes show up in other advertisements and appear to have been factory demonstrators. Tail numbers are:

• N6764N, 1968 M20E
  • N3271F, 1968 M20F
  • N2722W, 1966 M22
  • N3522X, 1966 M22
  • N6796N, 1968 M20C
  • N3293F, 1968 M20G

Couple of photos here on the post, but I took photos of all of the Mooneys and dropped them into this album: Golden Science Flying book by Barry Schiff - Mooneyspace.com - A community for Mooney aircraft owners and enthusiasts, open it up to see the rest.

The book is available through Abe here: Flying by Barry Schiff, Softcover - AbeBooks (Note, the AbeBooks search is really not all that great, so poke around on the site to find a copy.)

IMG_20210313_174054.jpg

IMG_20210313_174309.jpg

• Like 2

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*