M20R door issue

Jhj123

The joys of aircraft ownership.  It was a pretty gusty morning at KSMO.  I thought I had closed the door while i was doing my pre-flight, but apparently not.  A gust of wind blew the door open.  The door is slightly off now, I have to pull it down so it lines up.  I was on my way to an A&P for a few squawks so added that to the list.  There is a slight bend which he hope the sheet metal guy can take care off.  Oh well.......

I was going to add a strap to the bottom of the door so it doesn't go all the way to complete stop and put pressure on the hinge- once its repaired, which i hope isn't a major issues

Everything can be repaired...

Pics if you see anything damaged...

Add this one to the pile....  

doors are all the way open or all the way closed...

Because there is nothing to prevent the odd things that can happen...

Hope it is just an adjustment back to normal...

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

You must be a Patrick O'Brian reader.

Ha! Oddly enough, that is true.  I didn't even realize the use of the phrase until you pointed it out.  I am a fan of (theoretical) nautical adventures but flying is my real love!