E model rear window profile change. A cheap mod.

I noticed that some of the later long bodies had unusable rear window length.  Why not the same for my airplane.  I used black sign vinyl.  My photo album (Steve65E-NC) shows several iterations and real and virtual versions.  I used PC Paint on a photo to try this before going to the drafting board.  I traced existing windows and matched radii more or less to late model long body sample.  No problems with delamination to date after several years.  Easy to remove with sign shop solvent.  Bubbles create around rivet heads and must be carefully vented with a sharp point and smoothed down individually. Be sure to get a square rubber spatula from the sign shop. I tried one matching my blue trim color but that did not read as "window".  I think the black works pretty well.  Note photo in album that shows treatment around baggage door.  

post-6725-1346813923796_thumb.jpg

Looks great Steve!  I had the paint shop paint in the radiused corners on my 201 during the paint job.  Had a devil of a time getting the paint to stay there, but finally had my local mechanic do it and it has stayed and looks great.  I'm impressed with the job you did on yours; looks great!