Adware hack

I don't use Tapatalk but I believe it has its own ads independent from the source forums like MS. Are you using the free version of the app?

Yes I have been using the free version. Personally I don't like Tapatalk. I think I will just use Chrome as a browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Indeed. Tapatalk is doing their own ads.  The malware issue is getting problematic though - even Googles own AdSense is having this crap slip through their ad approval process.  I operate a few sites and this is still an ongoing battle.  It all really crept up with the doing away with Flash and Flash based ads.  What replaced them was HTML5 ads which unfortunately get very hard for ad networks to screen to see what embedded scripts and such are in these ads.

• Like 1

I have disabled one of the ad networks today as I got a pop up from my security suite about an attempt to redirect me to a malware type page.  While I don't know if it was this network or not it was either that or Google and the odds are greater it is the smaller network.

If anyone sees anything happening like this let me know.  Again, if you are in Tapatalk then I don't need the report since I cannot control what ads they show.

Thanks!

• Like 1