Tomorrow I Embark On Mooneydom! I hear it's just like martyrdom, but without the virgins...

4 hours ago, Hank said:

Strange, the useful load in my C is 970 lb, I've never had a CG problem even with 4 adult guys in the plane (though we were shortchanged on fuel, only 34 gals, but nobody wanted to stay in the plane 3 hours so I could land with the full 45 min reserve that day). Do,you have CG issues? How / what are you loading? I can take the wife on vacation for two weeks, my problem is cubic feet, not gross weight or CG.

P.S.--we're all waiting for wonderful tales of the TN speedster! Waiting with bated breath, no less . . .

I only have CG issues if i plan for four adults with baggage and to max out usable which is just over 1,000 lbs in my plane. I usually find i cant get more than 25lbs in the baggage compartment before CG is out the rear. I'll follow up with a sample weight and balance.  with full tanks im typicaly around 40 to 50lbs shy of max gross weight to stay in CG limits. 

No CG issues with me and her in front, kid in back, full baggage--it's the most likely scenario...I've worked other scenarios too and have yet to find anything out of the envelope. 

As for speed, at 9000, 26'' and 2500rpm, I get 152kts true...and for every 1000 feet above, I seem to add about 2-3kt. At 15,000 I was making 170kts! Haven't gone higher yet, but am headed to KMWL this Friday to drop her off at Century to get the AP serviced and i'll plan for 17,500. I'll report back!