2016 today's flight

bonal

Here is a short clip of my son and I shooting a GPS approach into our home field.  Mins are 300 and we made the field around 400 if I remember correctly.  Interesting day with a solid overcast above a broken layer that was at mins.    Compared to most it's a poor video. 

My_Movie2.mp4

Edited by slowflyin
uploaded large file
  • Like 1

Just now, Yetti said:

I have a switch that I can choose red or white.   When I choose white silly things happen and things no worky.  I keep it on Red.

That is interesting. Was it a factory installed switch or aftermarket? I never liked the white only in my F. 

Yesterday (and this morning) look like a handful weatherwise. Next time you are caravanting around PA, let me know if you are in the area. Been to the restaurant at KLNS a few times recently. 

Yes, the weather could have been better. KLNS was broadcasting 800 OVC with light rain and good VIS. 20 miles out, running down hill in IMC with rain, approach tells me the tower is reporting rapidly deteriorating conditions, rain, fog, and 1/4 to 1/2 mile Visibility. The wife was outside and picked up the rabbit around 100 over mins.

As we're parking I notice a crowd standing in the rain along the fence. Then they begin to cheer. I turn around just in time to see Trump landing.

We left at around noon today and it was much less eventful.

I'll certainly give you a call next time I'm in the area. Do the same if your ever around Richmond. I'm SW at KBKT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Flying to Panama City and back this weekend was great. Blue skies and sunshine going south, and good weather coming home today, just a little bumpy down low with the typical Southeast haze.

Forgive my ratty looking panel, the overlat broke two weeks ago and I haven't fixed it yet. 

P.S.--I'm right of course to avoid R2103A, from surface to 10,000 continuously. Went about halfway east to Dothan, grazing Cairns Field as I headed north. There's a zillion helicopters there, parked in little fields just everywhere!

20161002_134128.jpg

20161002_134405.jpg

20161002_134413.jpg

Edited by Hank
  • Like 4

Headed to our new  (to us ) Florida winter retreat to spend a hard  4 days working on it (a week ago Saturday).  My best friend headed down the Thursday before with our "Florida car", trailer, golf cart and of course; tool box.  We beat him there even though we left Saturday AM (had a bit of a tail wind and got to see sunrise over Lake Michigan).  My wife commented we will not be able to make these first 4 or 5 trips for more than 4 days, as we were exhausted by the third day (took us until the third day to get the hangar clean enough to store the Mooney in).  The house we bought is really nice on the inside, but the the 84 year old owner had not done much on the outside in a long time.  The home is on a taxiway, so we share the road with airplanes.  We headed over to Fairhope (Mobile area) AL midweek for the Lancair/LOBO Annual Convention this past weekend, dodging thunder storms and heavy rain the whole way.  http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1017L/history/20160928/1830Z/7FL6/KCQF

Trip home yesterday was a cake walk.

Tom

Iphone October 2, 2016 001.JPG

Iphone October 2, 2016 009.JPG

Iphone October 2, 2016 010.JPG

Iphone October 2, 2016 012.JPG

Iphone October 2, 2016 014.JPG

Iphone October 2, 2016 016.JPG

Iphone October 2, 2016 017.JPG

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hank said:

Flying to Panama City and back this weekend was great. Blue skies and sunshine going south, and good weather coming home today, just a little bumpy down low with the typical Southeast haze.

Forgive my ratty looking panel, the overlat broke two weeks ago and I haven't fixed it yet. 

P.S.--I'm right of course to avoid R2103A, from surface to 10,000 continuously. Went about halfway east to Dothan, grazing Cairns Field as I headed north. There's a zillion helicopters there, parked in little fields just everywhere!

20161002_134128.jpg

20161002_134405.jpg

20161002_134413.jpg

Wow! What a difference that overlay makes!

• Like 1

My wife and I had a couple of days without work commitments so went down to Saint Simon's Island (SSI) and Jekyll island for a long weekend with our daughter.   Great flying - minus the 25-27 kt headwind on the way down.    SSI was totally convenient- reasonable fuel, easy car rental and across the street from Southern Soul barbecue (we got some take out for the trip home).   We spent a few days on the beaches at Jekyll island and biked around the island a bit.  Coming home was mostly VFR, with only a 5kt tailwind turning into a 5 kt headwind (of course).  We picked up out puppy in LYH, who was staying with his grandparents, and flew up into some of he most gorgeous scenery I've encountered over the WVa mountains.  Arrived at home just in time to get back to normal life (grocery store, toddler to bed, etc). 

Georgia's golden isles are just great this time of year... Just after the summer  tourist season officially ends.  We went in early November last year and encountered cold / rain and fog.  

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bradp said:

My wife and I had a couple of days without work commitments so went down to Saint Simon's Island (SSI) and Jekyll island for a long weekend with our daughter.   Great flying - minus the 25-27 kt headwind on the way down.    SSI was totally convenient- reasonable fuel, easy car rental and across the street from Southern Soul barbecue (we got some take out for the trip home).   We spent a few days on the beaches at Jekyll island and biked around the island a bit.  Coming home was mostly VFR, with only a 5kt tailwind turning into a 5 kt headwind (of course).  We picked up out puppy in LYH, who was staying with his grandparents, and flew up into some of he most gorgeous scenery I've encountered over the WVa mountains.  Arrived at home just in time to get back to normal life (grocery store, toddler to bed, etc). 

Georgia's golden isles are just great this time of year... Just after the summer  tourist season officially ends.  We went in early November last year and encountered cold / rain and fog.  

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

I remember that little girl. She keeps growing! BTW -- did you ever post final pictures of your interior?

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

I remember that little girl. She keeps growing! BTW -- did you ever post final pictures of your interior?

I haven't posted any final pictures of the interior yet, but it's for a happy reason. I got the interior panels done, but haven't put any of the decorative trim back in yet. You'll notice in one of the pictures above the walls are pretty bare. Reason is I have flown About 40 hours since August 15, no time for trimwork.:-)

• Like 1