GoPro 4 Session

gsxrpilot

That is cool but I think the traditional gopro would be better for the outside of the plane. I skimmed through the article but can you even attach mounts to it?

Yes, and the mount places the camera much closer to the mounting surface. This would result in much less wind resistance, flex, vibration, etc. I'll probably have one on the Mooney for the Oshkosh arrival. I'll post a review after.

Who would have thunk that a product like this even had a use, but those guys found a niche that nobody had ever thought of before.

It's companies like this that make America great and why the best years are still ahead of us, as opposed to what many of our countrymen seem to think. As long as America continues to innovate, we'll be just fine.

• Like 1

Does it work with the bluetooth remote? If not then you're better off with one of the other GoPro models that does. Nothing worse than wasting half your battery and memory card on the taxi and runup, then having nothing there for half the trip.

Also at that price point I really cant find a good justification for it on the plane. I use older gopros all the time and there's no noticeable effect on the airplane and the only vibration I get is from the engine and that's not gonna be solved with a smaller camera.

• Like 1