Anteana Part Number

AndyFromCB

I think sky geek sells individual blades. You need to remove one and see what exact model it is. Many models if the ci-120 but some are shaped a little different and you'll be able to tell.

I guess I'll drag my ass out tomorrow, take the plane for a spin and then take off the antenna and look up the part number. I guess I better bring a ladder.

Single blade this style is 500$

http://m.skygeek.com/comant-ci-120-1-one-blade-antenna-ci-120-g-s.html

However, u can fix cracks with epoxy and finish with epoxy and micro.

Can you, my mechanic, who is generally pretty cool about lots of things, is not a fan of doing that claiming that since they cannot even be painted, epoxy is out of question. What is micro?

Microbaloons, microscopic glass spheres, made to fill without weight.  It looks like blow.  Add to epoxy make a cake batter style filler. Easy to sand.

So, clean crack, repair with aircraft grade epoxy such as MGS, but I suppose West Systems will do it. No Devcon hardware store epoxy. And for sure no "boat fiberglass repair" which is almost always polyester resin, and is garbage in this application. Airplane epoxy.  fill the crack to just below the surface.

Then mix up some microbaloons and epoxy to make filler, fill the crack. sand it down level, its only cosmetic.

You have to paint it with a TiO2 free paint, such as a BMS 10-60 Type II conforming paint, such as Eclipse ECL-G-10, Skygeek used to stock it, it was 35$ for a kit. mix that up, and apply with a brush only to the repair and sparingly. If you want to get anal, airbrush it to blend the repair and hide it.

here's Boeing's take: http://aircraft-support.blogspot.com/2009/09/boeing-aircraft-paint-spec.html

Microbaloons, microscopic glass spheres, made to fill without weight.  It looks like blow.  Add to epoxy make a cake batter style filler. Easy to sand.

So, clean crack, repair with aircraft grade epoxy such as MGS, but I suppose West Systems will do it. No Devcon hardware store epoxy. And for sure no "boat fiberglass repair" which is almost always polyester resin, and is garbage in this application. Airplane epoxy.  fill the crack to just below the surface.

Then mix up some microbaloons and epoxy to make filler, fill the crack. sand it down level, its only cosmetic.

You have to paint it with a TiO2 free paint, such as a BMS 10-60 Type II conforming paint, such as Eclipse ECL-G-10, Skygeek used to stock it, it was 35$ for a kit. mix that up, and apply with a brush only to the repair and sparingly. If you want to get anal, airbrush it to blend the repair and hide it.

here's Boeing's take: http://aircraft-support.blogspot.com/2009/09/boeing-aircraft-paint-spec.html

Very much appreciated. Thanks. I'm not going to ask why you know what blow looks like…Scarface I assume...