M20K Yoke Mount for Ipad or IPad mini

Houman

I'm looking for comments and recommendations on the best Yoke for IPAD mini or Ipad for my M20K...

I use a lot ForeFlight for many things while flying, but there is less space in the Rocket than I had in my Beech Sundowner ( but it goes almost twice faster, so no complaint )... Anyway, I was looking for an excuse to buy an Ipad midi for the Rocket, but hardly justifiable since my Ipad is not even a year old, but last week my 8 year old son gave me the perfect excuse, he dropped his tablet and broke the glass on it, and since it is a cheap Asus tablet, not worth repairing it.

Anyway, so I'm probably buying an Ipad Mini and want a yoke to mount it on the Rocket, any recommandations ???

I have attached 2 pictures of my Yoke...

Thanks

post-12248-0-43381300-1406035759_thumb.j

post-12248-0-27194900-1406035922_thumb.j

I have both like a lot of us have, I mounted the Mini on the yoke, the Stratus on the side window and if I use the iPad air I have a strap for my knee. The only problem is the glare I get on the yoke mounted one. I'm considering trying to mount it on the side window close to the glare shield, don't know if anyone tried it there and if so how did it work out?

I use a Mini on a yoke mount and deal with the glare by shading the Mini when necessary.  If the direction of flight gives too much glare I quickly remove the Mini and put it in my lap.  Used it today and have good photo but unable to reres and upload.  Can email to you if needed.  Forgot to mention that I have an 85 Missile with the same yokes.

There are screensavers available that will take care of the glare problem. I use a mini with a ram mount on the left yoke, and an IPAD on the right yoke for the FO to follow along with the navigation and assist as required, I have both because I have gone paperless with Foreflight, fly IFR when out of the local area and like the comfort level associated with redundancy. The IPAD will shut down when it gets hot and will not maintain a charged state when plugged in to a 2.1 amp cigarette lighter charger.

I'm buying the Ram Mount Yoke kit for Ipad Mini, but wondering if I should go with short, medium or long arm, those who have the Ram Yoke mount, can you please tell me which arm works best in a Mooney ?

Thanks !

I'm buying the Ram Mount Yoke kit for Ipad Mini, but wondering if I should go with short, medium or long arm, those who have the Ram Yoke mount, can you please tell me which arm works best in a Mooney ?

Thanks !

I have the Ram X-Grip setup. I think I have the 3.5" extension and it just is enough to get it on the other side of the yoke.

Posted Image

I really like the full size screen for my primary iPad display since I can read most of the info without reading glasses. And with the iPad "Air" the device is nearly 1/2" narrower than the iPad 2, 3, 4, etc. and fits much better than my older iPad 2 did.

The RAM yoke mount works well with the mid-length arm and a unit-specific cradle. Get the aluminum mount (not the plastic one) and run the arm "under" the yoke rather than on top and your entire panel will remain visible. Works great in my '78 J (201). You can easily tilt it up or down if glare is an issue with a specific sun position (happened once or twice to me).

I use an identical setup on the right side with an iPad Mini for my wife to read Kindle books in flight. Don't tell her but in actuality it's my backup unit.

post-11273-0-19949500-1406609024_thumb.j