Yaesu FTA750L

I bought the Yaesu FTA750L backup nav/com with ILS capability.  For $400, it provides some great capability so far.  But, my initial trials with the headset adapter (included) were not promising as I was getting major feedback when attempting to transmit.  The solution?  I bought a $25 antenna adapter kit and remoted the antenna away from the radio.  I tested the radio today and the signal is clear as well as picking up the localizer inside the hangar!  I tried to mount the handheld in multiple positions and after cussing out the curvature of the window on the side, realized I would not be able to get suction on the mount.  So...I've put the radio in the center and it does not hinder my view.  I also used the RAM universal 2-way radio mount with the short suction cup extension.  The setup took a bit to adjust for the radio, but I'm able to connect the headset adapter and the power cord as well as have access to all buttons with no issues.  It's a decent mount.  I'm open to any other ideas for mounting the radio; my goal being to practice an ILS approach using the backup radio as practice for any real world electrical outage.

For anyone concerned with the ADF, I don't use it and the apollo gps in the dash is INOP.  I just use the radio and comm panel.

Also, I bought the stratus 2 and put it in the back of the plane.  I'll have more info about ads-b reception later, but again, in the back, hatch closed, in a hangar and I got a good GPS lock.  I'm going to get a usb extension cable and plug it into a 4 port (with on/off switches!) dc adapter so I can have the handheld radio, ipad mini, stratus 2 and eventually the skyguardtwx uat ads-b out transmitter all powered.

I initially purchased an ipad mini 32g with data and was using it, but I just found a wifi 16g model for $296 at walmart yesterday; couldn't pass up the opportunity for a secondary (backup) foreflight!  I've already ordered a second ram mount for the co-pilot yoke.  I'll mount it vertically as the skyguard app doesn't work in horizontal mode.  I'll eventually use the backup as my primary device hooked to skyguard to change mode 3 and get my ads-b out info into the stratus 2.  I've already seen a youtube video of someone utilizing both.  They initialize the skyguard on wifi and once set, they hook to the stratus 2.

I've tried the mini in vertical view on the pilot side, but with the integration of AHRS into the app and wanting visible approach plates, it's just easier to read in horizontal position versus vertical.  I just need to go practice some ILS approaches to be comfortable with the setup.