Is that STC even eligible to go in an E/F?  I suspect it needs the 201 cowl, but I'm not sure.  

The few reports I read were not real favorable relative to the very high cost of the conversion.  Only the new Hartzell prop is STC'd to go along with that engine, so you need both and you'll likely be north of $50k all-in to complete it.

• Like 1

I know Henry Weber Aircraft has installed at least one, if not more. I beleive all installations are with the Top Prop. only. It's a $50k plus proposition. Contact Dorn Claire at Henry Weber. He test flew and returned the IO390's to service. He has flown Mooneys and been a MSC IA his whole life. A great resource and worth flying east if you decide to do it..

• Like 1

I didn't know it was an option for the C model.

It is not an STC option for the C model, you would have to get a field approval for the installation. There should be no issues getting a field approval based of the STC to convert the 180HP to the 200HP conversion for the "C".