Window trim, caulking or whatever

Danb

Mooney on the newer Acclaims put some crappy caulking or trim around the windows which are deteriorating I want to clean it up and repair. It’s starting to loosen up on the windshield. Any opinions on what to do.

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

1 hour ago, Danb said:

Mooney on the newer Acclaims put some crappy caulking or trim around the windows which are deteriorating I want to clean it up and repair. It’s starting to loosen up on the windshield. Any opinions on what to do.

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

I would e-mail a picture over to Mike Kneese over at the Mooney Factory Service Center. He's been there a long time and knows what they used to use that looked great (probably he same thing they used on the Ultras which looked great. I PM'ed you his e-mail.

1 hour ago, ArtVandelay said:

My AP used fuel tank sealant.
9b5b1e02763cd2fa7cce73e3a1d545eb.jpg

Nice, I guess I’d clean all the crap off and see about that, looks great. I think the sealant is Pr1428 which looks tough to use and quite expensive