N9391M destroyed at KOSH

This lunatic fringe stuff has no business at  Airventure. If you want  to display something that’s one thing but if you’re going to operate it and give rides in it, the public deserves a higher standard of care here. Four people were killed in a single day at the airshow last year.  Few more days like this, and there may not be an airshow at all because they didn’t do the right thing and police themselves.

1 hour ago, druidjaidan said:

Regarding insurance...there was insurance for the vendor, ELA Aviacion. A Spanish company with no actual presence. ELA Aviation, the US company who was actually there, did not have insurance. Neither did the actual aircraft. Apparently, according to the community the entirety of gyrocopters, light rotorcraft, as well as almost everything else flying out of the UL field, have no insurance whatsoever. No liability, no hull, nothing. Remember that next time you're visiting the "Fun Fly Zone".

I very much regret parking in vintage parking, it's way too close to a bunch of yahoo's. I'll personally never park in Vintage again (well my new plane doesn't qualify anyway), that entire corridor is way to sketchy given what I know now about the people operating there.

What did you end up buying?

It was interesting how this all worked out. The situation sucks.  Frankly, as to the destroyed Mooney, I am disappointed EAA didn’t make things right with the property damage in excess of your insured value. They have some culpability for failure to enforce their own safety rules.  I assume they didn’t because they are worried about exposure for the helicopter wrongful death.  

Edited by Becca