Anyone like to share their hanger setup?

I’m sure I have seen this in the past but can’t seem to find the thread. Looking at moving to a bigger hanger as they don’t come available often,but don’t know what I would do with the extra space. Therefore not sure if I should. 

Thanks in advance. 
Thomas

What size hangar are you considering? Leasing or buying? What restrictions, if any, are levied on what you’re allowed to have in the hangar, and how strictly are those enforced?

I own a 60’ x 50’ hangar on land I lease from the airport that houses my Bravo, a homebuilt project and has room for a visiting friend’s airplane. One back corner has rough-ins for the toilet, shower and kitchen improvements that I haven’t started yet. But I DO have a beer fridge, coffee maker, microwave and toaster oven that see quite a bit of use. I also keep a gas grill handy. Those are the amenities and are contained in one corner. I have two folding picnic tables with benches that I open up and move around as required, and have a few other chairs we carry around so as to watch the goings and comings at the airport.

The practical stuff is four large 5-shelf wire shelving units on casters for parts, supplies, battery chargers, etc. Three rolling carts set up as electrical support equipment cart, oil change tools and supplies cart, and a cleaning tools and supplies cart. And a large rolling tool chest for all of my hand tools and small parts and hardware storage. These are all moved around along the walls as needed to make room for when we need to get another airplane, car, or other item in the hangar. I also have a large fixed work bench on the back wall for repair and cleaning projects.

I certainly don’t need all that space every day but it’s really nice to have when I want to bring one of the cars in to work on or have a friend coming in for a night or two and I can park him inside.

I don’t know if that’s what you’re looking for, but I can take a few pictures if that will help.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1